Monday, August 1, 2011

Night Watch

     El señor de la noche, Diego, has the week off... and until Wednesday I`m his replacement. There`s a late shift, which ends at midnight, and then there`s Diego`s shift, which starts at midnight. As I write this, it`s 7:15 and I`m nearing the end of my first night watch. To be fair, I like staying up to the wee hours of the morning. It`s never been hard for me, and tonight proved to be easy. I have an hour`s worth of real work, after which my only responsibility is to answer the phone and keep a log. I find the log a bit funny because very little happens during the late shift. Still, in case of an emergency, it makes sense. I`ve published last night`s log, as it was recorded, below.

August 1 2011
2:25 - the discoteque closed
3:19 - Alex, the security guard, slowly passed by the reception desk
4:07 - five guests returned from the Posada and decided to finish their drinks in the lobby.
6:19 - a check-in (family of three from Peru)
7:09 - gringo sighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment