Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Portillo Asleep

     It`s snowing again! Around 12 cm are predicted for tonight, followed by even more precipitation for Friday and Saturday. I forced my tired body outside only minutes ago, and was happy that I did so. The storm is indeed serene. With no wind, the flakes are easily discernible. They're also everywhere, making it difficult to focus on a single one. I manage to catch a few of these silent descenders, and am astonished, as always,  by their smallness. In a matter of hours, I'll be possessed by the cumulative effect of these tiny flakes, whooping energetically down Plateau. Yet for now, amongst the same snow that I'll be skiing much later, I feel a satisfying calm...

Lights off in the bar
Gastòn on Primavera earlier today
Un zorro acostando outside Tio Bob's

Hello, August

No comments:

Post a Comment