Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Ski Club UK

     If the Portillo blog isn't enough, you can also check out what I'm doing for the Ski Club UK, where the my weekly submissions are more formal and generally longer. The British audience demands more, I guess! So if you're interested head over to the Ski Club site. I've got two "installments" published so far, with more on the way.

     In other news, my brief stint as the night watchman is almost over... Only a few more hours and I can return to society. My body has rejected the odd rhythm, despite my best intentions, of skiing all morning, sleeping all afternoon, and working all night. Each shift has gotten progressively harder, and my physical and mental health continues to deteriorate. I have no more patience for drunken shenanigans in the lobby. The juice they give me no longer satisfies. Still it was another perspective on life in Portillo, and I must admit that the past few nights have been enlightening. Who knew that guests regularly prank called the reception desk at 3 am?

No comments:

Post a Comment